Girl Guides Australia is seeking capable and dedicated Leaders to fill the positions of Contingent Leader and Assistant Contingent Leader for four proposed youth contingents to visit World Centre events in 2019.
Each contingent will have a minimum of 2 Leaders accompanying youth members. GGA International Team provides training, support, and mentoring to members appointed as Contingent leaders.
The four proposed youth events are:
- Pax Lodge: Journey Through London II 7-12 July 2019
- Our Chalet: Swiss Experience 8-17 October 2019
- Our Cabana: Mexican Taste 9-15 December 2019
- Sangam: Gifts for Change 20-26 December 2019
Applications close Wednesday 31 October 2018.
Contingent Leaders (CL and Assistant CL) are responsible for the health, safety, well-being and enjoyment of all contingent members during their time with the group. This includes:
- Applying the Girl Guide method to all stages of the travel process
- Pre-event preparation
- Responsibility for managing risk
- Itinerary and travel arrangements
- Management of the contingent
- Decision making for the contingent while overseas
- Health, safety, well-being, and enjoyment of contingent members whilst away
- Financial management of contingent funds
- Evaluation and debrief
Person requirements and skills/resources needed:
- An effective and inspiring leader who is a positive role model
- Commitment to providing a safe and nurturing environment
- International travel experience – personal and/or with Girl Guides
- Commitment to the development of girls and women
- High level people skills including negotiation, networking, and the ability to work collaboratively with others and to bring out the best in them
- Sound planning, prioritising, organisation, and management skills
- A high level of communication skills, written and oral, both one-on-one and in groups
- Competent and confident in your ability to use technology including electronic communication
- Capacity and time to undertake the role
- A good knowledge of Guiding in Australia
- Experience in being a member of or leading a contingent of Girl Guides (in Australia or overseas) (desirable)
- Camping qualifications (desirable)
For more information, including a Position Description, please contact Wendy Davis or Bronwyn Cole.