Girl Guides Australia is excited to be hosting a Juliette Low Seminar (JLS) hub in 2019. JLS has been running since 1932 as WAGGGS’ flagship international leadership event. It started as an opportunity to promote international friendship and now empowers young women to take the lead in their lives, communities, national organisations and beyond.
Girl Guides Australia is seeking expressions of interest in the role of National Facilitator for the JLS hub being hosted in Australia.
Please note: Applicants must be available between 11 and 21 November 2019.
Expressions of interest should address the following requirements:
- A sound understanding of the Girl Guide Girl Scout educational method as expressed by WAGGGS in Prepared to Learn, Prepared to Lead
- A sound understanding of facilitating with the 20-30 year age group using non-formal methods
- Experience working with diverse groups and in complex situations
- Leadership experience
- Experience attending or supporting a WAGGGS seminar
- Be open minded, flexible and keen to try new ideas
- Interest to learn with a commitment to developing as a facilitator using the new WAGGGS leadership model
Additionally, applicants must address their ability to:
- Work cross culturally;
- Work flexibility across time zones and technologies; and
- Meet virtually as a member of the Hub facilitator team regularly (a minimum of two hours per week will be required).
Expressions of Interest should be sent to the National Office by email to email@example.com by Friday 25 January 2019 and should not exceed 500 words.
Any questions should be addressed to the Chief Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.