Social media can be a great way to promote Guiding in your area.
Here are the steps you need to take if you’d like to start a Guiding social media account:
- Email the Girl Guides Victoria Communications Officer to book a 20-minute phone meeting. They will help you to decide what kind of social media account is the best fit for your goals, help you design your social media marketing plan, and explain the ways that Child Safety relates to Guiding social media.
- Read the GG35 Social Media Policy.
- Confirm that there are full photo permissions for the Guides whose photo could appear on the social media account. If you need to get updated photo permissions from parents, use the new Media Permission Register. It covers all media, including social media and media outlets such as newspapers.
- To register your new social media account with Girl Guides Victoria, fill in the Social Media Page/Group Registration form and email it to the GGV Communications Officer. If you are unable to scan this document, attach a clear photo of the completed form to your email instead.
- Read the GGV Guidelines for Pages/Groups. This resource includes vital information about Child Safety.