As a global Movement with 10 million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries – all with diverse backgrounds and experiences, World Thinking Day 2020 celebrates this diversity in our Movement.
Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity to speak out on issues that affect young women and fundraise for 10 million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries.
Using threads to represent the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion, the pack this year, ‘Living Threads’ is designed to inspire you to reflect on how you can put equity and inclusion into practice, and celebrate the diversity in your communities and beyond. So let’s play Living Threads!
There are lots of ways to get involved in Thinking Day. You can…
- Download the 2020 Resource and earn the Thinking Day Badge
- Participate in an event with your Unit, District, or Region
- Attend our State Thinking Day Event! Online registrations close on Monday 10 February
- Donate to the World Thinking Day Fund
- Update your social media using a World Thinking Day frame from the WAGGGS communications asset
- Share your adventures on social media using #WTD2020 and #InOurHands
More information about World Thinking Day 2019 is on the WAGGGS website.