The Royal Melbourne Hospital are looking for volunteers to make hats for nurses to wear as part of their Personal Protective Equipment.
The Rotary Club for Sunbury are helping the Hospital source volunteers to sew these hats as soon as possible. One thousand hats are needed for Royal Melbourne Hospital, and Box Hill Hospital has also requested 1,000 hats.
- Fabric should be either cotton or a cotton/polyester blend to allow for easy washing.
- Fabric colour/print doesn’t matter – use what you already have, including fabric from an old sheet.
- You need to provide your own fabric, sewing cotton, and elastic.
- There are two pattern options (click for downloadable instructions): ‘shower cap‘ or ‘tie-back cap‘
How to help:
- Choose which pattern you want to sew (shower cap or tie-back cap).
- Decide how many hats you can make.
- Email Deb Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, how many hats you’re making, and when they will be completed.
- Get to sewing!
- Email Deb Elliot when you’re finished to receive instructions on where to send the hats.