This event has been postponed until July 2020. Applications will reopen soon.
Three-Generation Barge Program with Girl Guide Association of Thailand
Are you looking for an international trip with a difference? Are you interested in combining tourism with environmental education and service? If so, this could be the trip for you. This project has been developed in association with Triadhos Three-generation Barge Program and Girl Guide Association of Thailand.
As a result of feedback, the itinerary and age range of this event have been revised. The length of the tour has been reduced by one day, and some activities or venues have been amended to reduce the cost. The closing date has also been extended.
The Thailand Challenge aims to broaden the experience of adult members 18-35 by:
- Exploring the outdoors through observation and investigation of Thailand’s culture, history and environment.
- Sharing the ethos of Guiding through interaction with Australian, New Zealand, and Thai Girl Guides in formal and non-formal activities.
- Enjoying Guiding traditions including campfires, cooking, and small group activities.
- Developing leadership skills while visiting Thai schools and while living and travelling with other people.
- Participating in environmental education activities to raise awareness of issues, lifestyle changes and community responses.
- Participating in community service projects including sharing English language with Thai students and mangrove restoration and planting.
When: 4-18 July 2020
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
Who: Adult members 18-35. You will need to be reasonably fit, and capable of riding a bike, hiking, and kayaking.
Australian closing date: 29 February 2020
For more details, see:
- Costs from Girl Guides Australia
- Itinerary on the Program Flyer
- Information about the 3g Barge Program
- Information about Girl Guides Thailand
Apply online directly through Girl Guides Australia.