Good health is about more than just looking after our physical health by maintaining proper hygiene and staying home – it’s also about looking after our mental health.
If you are (or someone you know is) struggling, know that help is available. If you need to talk to someone, call:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
With many of us cut off from our usual support networks, maintaining good mental health poses a unique challenge right now. It’s understandable that you, your friends and families, and your co-Leaders and Girl Guides may be experiencing a whole range of emotions right now.
Mental Health First Aid Australia has put together some great resources to help us support ourselves and others. There are resources on health & safety, mental health, and working from home.
You might also wish to have a look at the resources put together by the following organisations:
Useful resources for parents, guardians, and carers:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) parenting tips from Unicef
- How to work from home when your kids are home, too
- A resource for those working or living with teenagers
- Mental Health Matters: a webinar delivered by Mental Health Professional Jay Thompson for the JOTI (Jamboree On The Internet) Scout event earlier this year.
The Girl Guides Victoria State Team and Joyce Price Centre Team are here to support you.
As always, you should contact your District or Region Manager for support and guidance. If this is not an option for you, reach out to Assistant State Commissioner Deborah Abbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the GGTV Resources to get ideas to help with planning and running Virtual Unit Meetings.
If you are a Guide Leader who is in need of some extra support with running Virtual Unit Meetings, including if you don’t feel able to successfully run meetings via an online platform right now, please email email@example.com.