Check out these resources from our Inclusion and Diversity Manager to support Girl Guides Victoria Leaders and Volunteers make Girl Guides accessible to all!
‘Including All’ from Girlguiding UK
Helpful resources on inclusion and diversity from Girlguiding UK including:
- Including disabled members
- Religious differences and Guiding
- Lesbian, gay, and bisexual members
- Taking about race and racism
Guidelines for Inclusive Language
“Language is our main form of communication and it plays a powerful role both in contributing to and in eliminating discrimination.”
This Tasmanian Department of Education resource outlines good practice for inclusive language, including guidelines for language relating to:
- Culture, race, and ethnicity
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
You can contact our Inclusion and Diversity Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More resources will be added later, so keep an eye on on Guiding News and check back in next fortnight!