The theme for World Thinking Day 2021 is ‘Stand Together For Peace’. #PeaceBuilding is at the heart of Girl Guiding around the world, and it is as vital and relevant today as it was when Girl Guides began, over 100 years ago.
Download the 2021 Resource Pack!
Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day (WTD) is a day of international friendship.
It commemorates the joint birthday of the founders of Guides and Scouts – Lady Olave Baden-Powell and Lord Robert Baden-Powell. It is an opportunity for Girl Guides to speak out on issues that affect young women and fundraise for 10 million Girl Guides around the world.
The 2021 WTD Resource Pack ‘Stand Together For Peace’ can be used by all Girl Guides Units, either virtually or in-person. By completing the three steps in the activity pack, Girl Guides will Stand Strong, Stand Up and Stand Together for #PeaceBuilding, and earn the badge!
There Are Lots of Ways for Girl Guides to Be Involved in Thinking Day 2021:
- Download the 2021 Resource and earn the World Thinking Day Badge (purchase your badge now from the GGV shop)
- Register for this week’s Friday Night Guides on Friday 19 February, and celebrate World Thinking Day with Girl Guides across Victoria
- Use the 2021 World Thinking Day Presentation to support a virtual meeting on Zoom or similar
- Create a Girl Led event with your Unit or District
- Attend a virtual event with Girl Guides around the world, hosted by one of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) World Centres
- Raise money and donate to the World Thinking Day Fund, started in 1932 to give more girls around the world the chance to be Girl Guides.
- Share your Global Promise photos and ideas on social media using #WTD2021 #WorldThinkingDay #StandTogetherForPeace #WAGGGS
More information about World Thinking Day 2021 is on the WAGGGS website.