About the Organisation
Organisation Name: Girl Guides Victoria
Girl Guides Victoria is part of a world-wide membership movement of more than ten million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts operating in over 154 countries.
This progressive, non-political, secular and volunteer-led organisation supports girls and young women to develop their leadership identities and practice through values-driven, youth-led and dynamic leadership programs. We are powered by a passionate volunteer force of over 1000 volunteers across Victoria, and logistically supported by a staff team of circa15.
We are proudly girl-led with a tripartite leadership team made up of the CEO, Board Chair and State Commissioner. To find out more about what we do, visit: https://www.guidesvic.org.au/be-a-guide/what-do-girl-guides-do/
About the Role
Girl Guides Victoria (GGV) are seeking a skilled and innovative Chief Executive Officer who is committed to supporting young women and girls in their leadership development. Reporting to the Executive Committee, the CEO will provide leadership and strategic direction, ensure high-quality program delivery and contribute towards a positive workplace culture and sustainable organisation. We are looking for a passionate people leader who can support staff and volunteers to thrive in their roles, while bringing a strong understanding of not-for-profit governance and day-to-day operations, including financial management.
Girl Guides Victoria is embarking on a significant period of transformation and we are looking for a leader who has highly developed strategic skills, entrepreneurial flair and experience in change management, project management and organisational development that will contribute to the long-term success of Girl Guides Victoria. This is an exciting opportunity to join a renowned organisation at a critical time, work within a collaborative and supportive leadership model and deliver a sustainable organisation that will positively impact on young women and girls for the next 100 years.
This role involves:
- Providing strategic and visionary leadership for organisational transformation (which may include integrating innovative technologies, revitalising a membership experience and overhauling systems and operations).
- Leading and developing a staff team and fostering a collaborative and efficient workplace culture.
- Leading to ensure seamless collaboration between a staff workforce and a volunteer workforce.
- Championing change management initiatives and leading strategic projects.
- Overseeing all internal operations and day-to-day business functions including finance, strategic communications, customer experience and volunteer support to enhance the volunteer experience.
- Ensure strong financial management of the organisation including developing and implementing budgets, strengthening financial reporting frameworks, and developing asset management policies.
- Ensuring compliance, good governance and maintaining close relationships with the Executive Committee (Board).
- Developing new and alternative revenue streams including grants, fundraising, corporate partnerships and innovative business proposals.
- Strengthening stakeholder relationships and partnerships across a variety of sectors to build the brand and reputation of GGV.
- Supporting membership growth through innovative strategies, enhancing the volunteer experience, building and integrating new technologies.
- Contributing to the long-term sustainability of a globally renowned organisation.
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following key experiences and skills:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience.
- A strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector and previous experience as a CEO, or in a senior leadership role.
- A commitment to the rights and leadership of young women and girls.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills and a demonstrable ability to build new relationships and partnerships.
- Excellent financial management skills and experience managing a diverse investment portfolio.
- Experience leading and developing diverse teams and building positive workplace cultures.
- High-level strategic, change and project implementation skills and experience.
- Experience working with volunteer Boards and Committees.
- Ability to work flexibly, including evening and weekend work as required. Travel to regional Victoria and occasional interstate travel will be required.
- An understanding of the Girl Guides movement will be well regarded.
Apply for this Job
For further details concerning this role, please contact:
GGV Board Member and Recruitment Lead, Sarah Hill on
For more information and application instructions, please review the Position Description.
Applications will be accepted via email, and close 11pm on Friday 26 March 2021.Download the CEO Position Description