ARE YOU CURIOUS AND COURAGEOUS? WE ARE!
We are Girl Guides Victoria and we’re expanding our team of paid staff to support girls and women to be everything they want to be.
Girl Guides Victoria (GGV) seek to appoint an experienced Manager to support the delivery of the Girl Guides program to girls, young women, volunteers and adult members.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Guiding Services Manager provides expertise and services to volunteers, oversees the delivery and evaluation of pilot programs and engages volunteers to achieve the integration of new initiatives into the ongoing operations of Girl Guides Victoria.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative, stakeholder focused leader with strong program management skills and the ability to develop high performing teams of paid and volunteer team members.
Girl Guides Victoria believes every girl deserves to be the best she can be. With over 10 million Girl Guides in 150 countries, Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the world’s largest volunteer movement dedicated to girls and young women.
For over 100 years Girl Guides Victoria has transformed the lives of girls and women, supporting and empowering them to achieve their fullest potential and become responsible citizens of the world. We have a bright future as a contemporary, inclusive and innovative volunteer organization where girls are everything they want to be.
- Build a Guiding Service Team and provide ongoing mentoring and leadership over all aspects of the Guiding Service Team including working in consultation with the CEO, State Commissioner, and State Patrol
- Develop and Implement a communication plan and reporting schedule including to seek key decisions from relevant governance forums including GGV State Patrol, GGV Executive Committee and the Girl Guides Australia (GGA)
- Support Girl Guides Victoria Leadership training, pilot programs, Guiding programs and State/National/International Events that align to the Girl Guide method and Australia Guiding Program (AGP), World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) leadership mindsets. This support should provide opportunities to magnify the voice of the Girl, demonstrate a strong commitment to inclusion and diversity and acknowledgement of the traditional owners of the lands upon which these events will be planned and held.
- Support pilot programs, events and leadership Training to ensure governance, risk and financial arrangements are concluded and a post event review is conducted to identify areas for potential improvement for future similar events
- Achieve the integration of approved new initiatives into the ongoing operations of Girl Guides Victoria
- Management of Guiding Service team, including all Human Resources related issues, as well training and development of team members, conduct the annual performance development process with each team member and participate in recruitment and selection of employees
- Self-development, including actively participate in the Annual Performance Development process, and observe and practice Girl Guides Victoria’s OHS and Quality policy, guidelines and procedures
Other duties as required
- A degree in a related field with relevant experience, or an equivalent level of experience and expertise in an equivalent role.
- Financial skills to monitor the use of financial resources and make recommendations within area of responsibility. Able to provide expert and reliable advice on financial and resources matters and contribute to accurate planning, use and reporting of the Organisation’s resources
- Able to use the Organisation’s resources efficiently and in accordance with financial delegations policy.
- Ability to develop organisational knowledge to provide guidance and advice on the application of Girl Guide methods, procedures and approaches
- Collaboration skills to motivate and empower staff and volunteers, including building effective teams and resolving problems
- Customer Service skills to develop, implement and continuously improve customer service initiatives servicing a variety of stakeholders
- Judgement and analytical skills to make courageous decisions based on consultation, information and compliance that contribute to achieving GGV’s purpose and goals
- Teaching and learning skills in establishing systems and mechanisms to facilitate the development of best practice and knowledge management amongst staff and volunteer
- Outstanding level of understanding and experience with people and large team management and leading through complexity and conflict.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close on Thursday 25 March 2021. Please provide a resume and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role, and referencing the skills required. Email your application to Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email subject line Program and Support Services Manager.Download the Program and Support Services Manager Position Description