ARE YOU CURIOUS AND COURAGEOUS? WE ARE!
We are Girl Guides Victoria and we’re expanding our team of paid staff to support girls and women to be everything they want to be.
The greatest reward is the sense of achievement found in doing your best. Find your passion, purpose and place at Girl Guides.
We’re expanding our team of paid staff to support girls and women to be everything they want to be.
Girl Guides Victoria (GGV) seek to appoint an experienced Learning and Development Officer to support the delivery of the Girl Guides program to girls, young women, volunteers and adult members.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative, team focused team member with strong facilitating and Coordinating skills. You will be working closely with the Learning and Development volunteer manager.
Girl Guides Victoria (GGV) is part of the world wide movement of more than ten million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts operating in over 150 countries. We are progressive, non-political and courageous. Our purpose is to empower girls and young women to grow into confident, self-respecting and responsible community members.
Girl Guides is girl led. Each Girl Guide finds their own pathway through the opportunities available, participating in fun activities and new experiences to learn and grow. There’s something for every girl at Girl Guides – indoors, outdoors, local, national, international, badges, awards, camping, cooking, science, art, drama, canoeing – whatever you’re interested in you can develop your skills and share them with others at Girl Guides. The greatest reward is the sense of achievement found in doing your best. Find your passion, purpose and place at Girl Guides.
GGV is a volunteer led and managed organization supported by a paid staff team that work from the Joyce Price Centre (JPC) and other locations around Victoria. The JPC team’s primary purpose is to support volunteers to deliver Girl Guides with girls and young women. This is achieved through the provision of expertise, leadership and services to volunteers. The JPC team’s obligation is to ensure the good governance and compliance of GGV.
The organization embraces girls and women from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures, socio-economic groups and geographical areas and provides a supportive environment within which they can extend their personal boundaries. Organizational leadership at all levels is provided by skilled, dedicated and open-minded women.
- Facilitating and coordinating training programs in collaboration with the Learning and Development Volunteer Manager.
- Develop and Implement new training programs to support the training requirements of the organization to deliver innovative and contemporary material.
- Maintain and manage appropriate training records to ensure compliance with state and national requirements for training needs of the organization.
- Create and develop alternative training delivery methods to ensure training can be delivered in the most appropriate manner for the needs of the organization.
- Liaise with relevant external organizations to meet the specific needs of the organization in particular in the area of Child Safe and Child Friendly.
- Self-development, including actively participating in the Annual Performance Development process, and observe and practice Girl Guides Victoria’s OHS and Quality policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- A degree in a related field with relevant experience, or an equivalent level of experience and expertise in an equivalent role.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills to build consensus within teams, inspire staff and volunteers to support new initiatives, and turn controversial or sensitive situations into opportunities
- Able to use the Organization’s resources efficiently and in accordance with financial delegations policy.
- Ability to develop organizational knowledge to provide guidance and advice on the application of Girl Guide methods, procedures and approaches.
- Leadership through influence skills to motivate and empower staff and volunteers, to ensure the organization meets its training requirements.
- Judgement and analytical skills to make courageous decisions based on consultation, information and compliance that contribute to achieving GGV’s purpose and goals.
- Teaching and learning skills in establishing systems and mechanisms to facilitate the development of best practice and knowledge management amongst staff and volunteer.
- Outstanding level of understanding and experience with people and large team management and leading through complexity and conflict.
How to Apply
Applications close on Thursday 25 of March 2021. Please provide a resume and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role, and referencing the skills required. Email your application to Kathryn.email@example.com. Please use the email subject line Learning and Development Officer.Download the Learning and Development Officer Position Description