ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT CREATING A MORE DIVERSE GUIDING COMMUNITY? WE ARE!
We are Girl Guides Victoria and we’re expanding our team of paid staff to support girls and women to be everything they want to be.
The greatest reward is the sense of achievement found in doing your best. Find your passion, purpose and place at Girl Guides.
We’re expanding our team of paid staff to support girls and women to be everything they want to be
An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of the JPC team in the role of Community Leadership Officer. This position is to support the recruitment and integration of adults and youth members from culturally diverse communities and establish new programs based on community consultation.
- Develop connections with key stakeholders including local services and organisations to recruit new members and encourage the participation of adults and youth in Guiding programs and events
- Communicate the benefits of the Guiding experience to the community with a view to developing strong connections with Girl Guides Victoria’s existing networks.
- Support volunteers to actively participate in various roles that help to deliver Guiding programs and activities.
- Establish new opportunities to deliver Guiding activities that meet the specific needs of communities identified through community consultation.
- Maintain and manage appropriate reporting data and records to ensure compliance with funding requirements.
- Self-development, including actively participating in the Annual Performance Development process, and observe and practice Girl Guides Victoria’s OHS and Quality policy, guidelines and procedures.
- Other duties as required
- A degree and/or relevant experience and expertise in an equivalent role.
- Girl Guides Australia, Leader of youth qualification
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to demonstrate an effective approach to engagement with culturally diverse communities
- Comprehensive Guiding knowledge and the ability to communicate the value of Guiding and mentor others to deliver quality programs and activities.
- Demonstrated interest in working with both youth and adults to create Girl Guide experiences that deliver the core Girl Guiding outcomes of empowering girls and women in the community
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to exercise creative and critical thinking to navigate challenges and achieve successful outcomes and project deliverables.
- Basic financial management skills, to work to a budget and ensure all expenses are in line with the grant requirements.
- Comprehensive computer skills
Please click here for the Position Description and to learn more.
Applications close on Monday 7th June 2021. Please provide a resume and covering letter addressing your suitability for the role, and referencing the skills required. Email your application to Kathryn.email@example.com. Please use the email subject line Community Leadership Officer.