International Day of the Girl 2021 is on Monday 11 October.
Since 2012, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) celebrates International Day of the Girl to promote tools and platforms that would amplify the voices of girls and raise awareness on issues that matter to girls the most.
There are three ways to engage with IDG2021:
- Work through the Activity Pack with your Girl Guide Unit or at home
- Share your story with Girl Guides Victoria
- Join a WAGGGS World Centre Virtual Event
For International Day of the Girl 2021, the activities and campaign from WAGGGS will revolve around the news and we invite all of you to join us to #WriteHerStory. The activity pack will guide girls to speak out for a change they want to see through a short and achievable advocacy project, led by them.
Get involved in our social media campaign!
- Let us know your news headline! Shout out about an issue that is important to you.
- Tell us in a few sentences why this issue is so important.
- Share with us what you are going to do or what you would like others to do to bring about change.
- Take a photo of you in your Girl Guide uniform to add to your story.
- Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and age, and we will help to get your message out via our social media channels.
For inspiration, read how Adelle has chosen to #WriteHerStory:
WAGGGS Virtual Events
Join WAGGGS’ World Centres to celebrate #InternationalDayOfTheGirl at the #WriteHerStory sessions using the activity pack and social media template to create your own headlines! We will guide you to speak out for a change you want to see through a mini girl-led advocacy project. Upon completion of the session, you will earn your #IDG2021 badge which you can then purchase from the WAGGGS shop.
🕕 9 October, 6:00 AM UTC
🕚 10 October, 11:00 AM UTC
🕘 11 October, 9:00 AM UTC