The theme for World Thinking Day 2022 is ‘Our World, Our Equal Future’
Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day (WTD) is a day of international friendship. World Thinking Day commemorates the joint birthday of the founders of Guides and Scouts – Lady Olave Baden-Powell and Lord Robert Baden-Powell. It is an opportunity for Girl Guides to speak out on issues that affect young women and fundraise for 10 million Girl Guides around the world.
On International Day of the Girl 2020, WAGGGS asked Girl Guides and Girl Scouts under 18 from 100 countries what issues they were most concerned about and what they wanted to change about the world. From this data, we learnt that the number one worry – the environment. And so, the World Thinking Day theme from 2022-2024 will be Our World, Our Future.Download the 2022 Resource Pack!
The 2022 WTD Resource Pack ‘Our World, Our Equal Future’ can be used by all Girl Guides Units, either virtually or in-person. With the activities as our guide, Girl Guides can understand how girls and young women are disproportionately affected by environmental issues, and explore how we could speak out and take action for a better world.
There Are Many Ways for Girl Guides to Be Involved in Thinking Day 2022!
- Download the 2022 Activity Pack and earn the World Thinking Day Badge (purchase your badge now from the GGV shop)
- Create a Girl Led event with your Unit or District in accordance with the WTD 2022 Activity Pack
- Attend a virtual event with Girl Guides around the world, hosted by one of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) World Centres
- Raise money and donate to the World Thinking Day Fund, started in 1932 to give more girls around the world the chance to be Girl Guides.
- Share your Global Promise photos and ideas on social media using #WTD2022 #WorldThinkingDay2022 #OurWorldOurEqualFuture
- Send photos and videos of you participating in the activities within the Activity pack to email@example.com!
More information about World Thinking Day 2022 is on the WAGGGS website.