Want to develop your Guiding and Leadership skills in 2023? Have a look at what is on offer!
New in 2023, both Leadership & Management trainings will now be offered nationally, via Girl Guides Australia.
Further 2023 specific training information will be added as it comes to hand. With a new way of delivering the training, there will likely be some new documentation to be published.
Pre-2023 documentation is attached below to provide general information and guidance only.
ALQP general resources
– Adult Leadership and Development – Guide Lines – For Girl Guides & Girl Guide Volunteers
– GGV ALQP page (includes links to both Qualification Passports)
– Leader Qualification – Girl Guides Australia
– Manager Qualifications – Girl Guides Australia
– Leadership Pathway
Management Training covers content from Becoming a Manager and Leading Volunteers, and is suitable for all District and Region Managers working towards their respective qualifications.
Leadership Qualification Training is suitable for Unit Leaders and Assistant Unit Leaders working on their Leadership Qualification Passport.
Prior to attending Unit Leadership Training, please complete:
- Your Induction form (pg. 9 of Aug 2022 Passport)
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) form, completed with your Learning Partner if applicable.
- eGuiding modules – a link will be emailed to you once you complete your Induction form, or you can read more about it here.
- Reading of the first chapters in the Leaders’ Handbook.
- A Unit term plan, to be brought to the training.
If you have any questions, chat with your Learning Partner or send an email to email@example.com.
Currently we do not know when or how registration will be available, but notifications will appear here, in QuickLinks and Workplace once information comes to hand.
For registration assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Training Opportunities
Unit Leadership Training
Leadership Qualification training is suitable for Unit Leaders and Assistant Unit Leaders working on their Leadership Qualification Passport.
Saturday 25 March
Sunday 23 April
Saturday 27 May
Sunday 25 June
Saturday 22 July
Sunday 27 August
Saturday 23 September
Sunday 22 October
Saturday 25 November
When: Times TBC
Who: Unit Leaders and Assistant Unit Leaders.
covers content from Becoming a Manager and Leading Volunteers, and is suitable for all District and Region Managers working towards their respective qualifications.
Saturday 18 March
Sunday 21 May
Saturday 15 July
Sunday 17 September
Saturday 18 November
When: Times TBC
Who: District & Region Managers and their Assistants