Congratulations to the Girl Guiding members and supporters across Australia who were appointed to the Order of Australia (General Division) in the 2023 Australia Day Honours for their significant service to Girl Guiding and the community.
In Victoria, Rae Heenan OAM, former Girl Guides Leader, was awarded a Medal of Australia for her service to community sport and Margaret Giulieri OAM, former Treasurer of Monash District Girl Guides and Former Committee Member of the 1st Monash Guides, was awarded a Medal of the Order of Australia for her service to the community, particularly to youth.
Across Australia, the following members were recognised with AM – Member of the Order of Australia:
- Rosemary Derwin, NSW AM
- Joanne Muller, NSW AM
The following members were recognised with OAM – Medal of the Order of Australia:
- Judy Fyfe, NSW OAM
- Margaret Giulieri, Victoria OAM
- Rae Heenan, Victoria OAM
- Eleanor Lydon, Queensland OAM
- Maureen Lyon, Queensland OAM
- Jennifer McDonald, SA OAM
- Pam Ward, NSW OAM
- Katherine Walker, WA OAM
- Arthur Watson, NSW OAM
We were also delighted to see members recognised in their local communities across Victoria:
- Hannah Lanfranchi – Maryborough Butterfly Guides – Central Goldfields Young Citizen of the Year
- Erin Jenkins – Benalla Girl Guides – Benalla Rural City Young Citizen of the Year
BRAVO to all!
If you have news to share about members being recognised, please email us at email@example.com and we will update the list.