Girl Guides Victoria (GGV) is seeking a full time Accountant to join our small team located in Docklands, and reporting directly to our CEO. This is a very exciting time to be joining GGV as we embark on the next stage of our strategic vision and continue to grow.
Girl Guides Victoria is part of a world-wide movement of more than ten million Girl Guides and Girl Scouts operating in over 154 countries. We are building a better future by empowering girls and young women to discover their potential as leaders of their world, through girl-led programs championing fun, friendship and adventure.
Girl Guiding empowers girls and young women to find their voice, discover their potential, explore possibilities and make a genuine difference in their world. Headquarters are located in Docklands with a CEO who leads a culture that is supportive, purpose driven, and future focused, we are seeking to enhance our team by appointing an Accountant.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Cashflow management
- Financial analysis
- Preparation and lodge of quarterly BAS
- Grant Administration
- Insurance Administration
- Revenue & Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Data Management
- Collate & prepare reporting on Unit Cash book submissions
- Ad hoc special projects
- CPA/ CA Qualified with at least 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience using Xero and complex account tracking structures
- Strong experience with MS Office products, in particular Excel skills
- Experience processing payroll and related obligations
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to self-check
- Highly adaptable with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- High levels of communication and relational skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional stakeholder management, relationship building and engagement capabilities
- Experience within the not-for-profit or community services sector will be highly regarded
- Passionate and genuinely care about making a difference
- Driven to achieve and suggesting alternative ways of doing
- A degree in a related field with relevant experience, or an equivalent level of experience and expertise in an equivalent role.
- Exposure to other tools and technologies, such as Weel, ApprovalMax, Shopify, Vend, Givenow etc.
- Exposure to membership systems such as iMIS
- Experience in a membership organisation and/or for-purpose organisation
- Experience with Employment Hero
GGV believes that by valuing differences in backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and experiences, that our work environment will be free from bias and prejudice. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments for those with disabilities to provide a positive barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
An offer of employment with Girl Guides Victoria is conditional on:
- Agreeing to abide by the Girl Guides Australia Code of Conduct
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Completing a National Police Check to Girl Guides Victoria standards
- Holding a valid Working with Children Check
Girl Guides Victoria has a zero-tolerance approach to the abuse or neglect of children. Girl Guides Victoria is a Child Safe organization, and all employees must adhere to the Girl Guides Australia Child Safe Child Friendly Framework, National Child Safe Principles, and the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
For a confidential discussion about this unique career please apply via SEEK. If you meet the minimum criteria, we will be in touch with you shortly.
We thank all candidates for their interest in working with Girl Guides Victoria.Download the Management Accountant Position Description