Now that you’ve sent in your Volunteer Enquiry and have spoken with the Unit Leader or District Manager for your preferred area, it’s time to become registered with Girl Guides Victoria!
Once you know what you’d like to do, the Leader/Manager will nominate you and then we’ll start the process for you!
Girl Guides Victoria has always had strong processes to comply with the law and ensure that girls’ safety comes first. As of January 2017, the Victorian Government introduced new legislation for managing staff and volunteers who come in contact with children; this process now strengthens our previous practice and complies with the legislation.
All Girl Guides Victoria volunteers will need to complete the ‘Steps to Volunteer‘ before getting started.
- Complete an online questionnaire and provide two character references through our online program XREF
- Complete or provide an approved Police Check to GGV or a Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) card
- Complete or provide a valid Working with Children Check to GGV issued by the Department of Justice (or a VIT card)
- Complete an online GGV adult membership application
- Complete your Child Safe Training online
You’ll receive information on all of these things, once your Leader/Manager has nominated you to volunteer.
The first four steps must be completed prior to any volunteer starting in their role.
Email us or call 03 8606 3500
We look forward to welcoming you as a volunteer with Girl Guides Victoria.