UPDATE – THIS EVENT WILL NOW TAKE PLACE IN 2022
The World Scout Moot is a large event which brings young adults in Scouting together to develop international awareness and citizenship. Participants aged 18-26 have countless opportunities for: cross-cultural education, discussion, physical activity, spiritual engagement and personal development. Those over 26 can still be involved as volunteers in the International Service Team (IST).
Considering more travel around Moot? Why not join the Australian Contingent Tours for an awesome adventure with new Australian Scouting friends before and/or after the Moot.
The last World Scout Moot was held in Iceland in 2017. The Australian contingent consisted of almost 500 Rovers and 20 IST volunteers, including 12 Girl Guide members.
This time, we are hoping to have more Girl Guide members in the contingent. We have streamlined the application process to make it simpler and consistent with the Scout process.
When: July 2022 (TBC)
Where: Dublin, Ireland
- Young adult member participants aged 18-26
- Adult International Service Team members aged 26+
Note: a high level of outdoor camping experience is required
Applications not yet open. Watch this space!
- More information from the World Scout Moot website and Facebook page.
- For more details on the Moot and COVID-19, read these FAQs.
- Prices are listed on the Girl Guides Australia website.
- Apply online with Scouts Australia. Select “Guides” as your State MO/branch.
Submitting an application is no guarantee of acceptance to attend the 16th World Scout Moot. Late payments may result in withdrawal. The Contingent reserves the right to refuse any application at any time, in which case a full refund will be made.