It is not too late to be part of the Kani-Karrung Guide Jamboree
In just over 3 months 1500 Guides and volunteers will descend on Victoria Park, Ballarat. If you haven’t been able to sign up to attend for the whole event, you can still be involved.
We are looking for the following help:
BE A DAY HELPER – During the event (Sunday 15th – Saturday 21st January)
Onsite from 8.30am until 8pm
- Help in the Guide Shop
- Help with program delivery
- First aid/welfare area support
- Support transport to scan guides on/off buses during the day
- Delivery and serving of meals
- Direct guides and volunteers as they arrive on Sunday 15th
Day helpers will be charged $60/day to cover lunch & dinner/badge/lanyard/insurance etc.
Jamboree polo shirts available for preorder for $30.
All day visitors will need to be registered before the event, so we know who to expect on site.
To register as a Day Helper email email@example.com with DAY HELPER in the subject line. Please include information about what day you will be on site. All Day Helpers must have a current Working with Children Check and Police Check. Once registered, payment details will be forwarded to you.
BUMP IN/BUMP OUT HELP
About 30 gazebos, 300 tents, signs, notice boards etc all need to be put up and taken down around the campsite, equipment needs to be distributed to subcamps, welfare and activity areas need to be set up. This is physical work that we would appreciate help with.
Friday 13th and Saturday 14th January
- Put up gazebos
- Rope off areas of the campsite
- Put up signage around the site
- Put up tents for subcamps
- Set out the dining room tables and chairs
- Distribute equipment around site
Saturday afternoon 21st and Sunday 22nd January
- Take down tents
- Pack up signage and other items around site
- Clean up around the site
- Pack up dining space
- Take down gazebos
- Collect equipment from subcamps
- Load tents onto trucks to come back to Melbourne
If you can help with BUMP IN or BUMP OUT, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with BUMP IN & BUMP OUT in the subject line. Please include information about what day you will be on site.
It is going to be an amazing event and we can’t do it without the support of our Guiding family.
Helen Reid, LiC on behalf of the Jamboree Central Committee